Over the past month, I have been nominated for various blogging awards by my fellow bloggers and I have been truly blessed and humbled by them. To me, it means that people are reading and relating to my stories and find them interesting or encouraging enough to acknowledge me. How can I not be honored? I tried to do some research to find out where and how these awards came into being but I can find very little information on them. Some people (like me) like them and others don’t, for various reasons. I find them fun and sometimes it gives us just a little bit of a better glimpse into the lives our fellow bloggers. I appreciate every single one I receive!
I have been reading and following so many blogs lately that I am overwhelmed with encouragement, inspiration, motivation and dare I say, friendship, from these people. It’s not the, “Hey, let’s go have coffee” kind of friendship (but if anyone was close enough to me, I would definitely be asking) but a emotional connection. I read their blogs and can relate to what they are going through or have been through and am blessed with the opportunity to encourage and support them. They in turn do the same for me. It’s been an amazing experience.
I am deeply touched by some of the blogs I follow and the bloggers I have gotten to know just a little better each time. So today, while I was working on the post for one of the nominations I received, I decided to create my own award. It’s not a nomination – it’s an award (definition: a prize or other mark of recognition given in honor of an achievement)
The “Courage to Change” Award
- I want to acknowledge that it takes courage to put ourselves out there for the world to see.
- It takes courage to work through the pain that binds us.
- It takes courage to make changes in our lives.
- It takes courage to leave behind everything you have always known (mentally, emotionally & sometime physically) and do things differently.
- the ability to do something that frightens one
- strength in the face of pain or grief
I would like to present the following bloggers with the very first “Courage to Change” Awards:
The guidelines for this award:
- Award it to whomever you chose and let them know
- No questions to ask
- No questions to answer
- If you receive the award, there is nothing you have to do but KNOW others support and believe in you! However, I hope you to pay it forward and encourage someone who is on their own personal journey to freedom (from whatever they may be struggling with).