Thank you brightonbipolar for this wonderful recognition! It’s a wonderful feeling to know that others are reading my blog and finding some kind of encouragement or inspiration and only affirms why I blog in the first place. I encourage you to check out Brighton Bipolar and support her on her journey!
Why I blog:
I originally began my blog as a personal journal to be used as an outlet for my struggles with codependency. Over the course of a couple of years, I finally decided to turn my blog into something that others would hopefully gather insight and strength from.
I wanted to be real about my struggles and show others that, even in the midst of the storms, we can make choices to remain healthy and at peace. My blog is about “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” of my codependency because that is who I am. Seriously, who would want to read only about all the positive outcomes and successes? Not me. In order for me to relate to someone, I need to be able to witness the struggle to understand the outcome.
In putting “the bad & the ugly” out for the world to see, it is my hope that someone struggling will be able to relate to it and be encouraged that they can have freedom from life’s burdens and hope for a more peaceful and joyful life.
Over the past 3-4 months, I have begun to build relationships with other bloggers and have really enjoyed participating in the blogging community! Thank you to all of you who read, comment, like & follow my blog! You all encourage, motivate and inspire me in one way or another!!
My advice to new bloggers:
The best piece of advice I can give to new bloggers is to follow other bloggers, whom you can relate to, and engage with them. Like, comment and reblog. Build your online community and you will find strength and encouragement on your journey!
I nominate the following blogs:
Each one has provided me with something I needed, be it insight, encouragement, entertainment or strength for my own journey. I love this online community!
- Falling in Love with Freedom
- Lucky Otter’s Haven
- La Quemada
- Caterpillar To Butterfly
- abbiegrrl’s recovery blog
- Emmagc75’s Blog
- Breakaway Bold
- Sophia Sojourn
- Advocate for Invisible Illness!
- The Lithium Chronicles
Blogger Recognition’ Award Rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
3. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
4. Provide a link to the original post on Eve of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!