Thank you to my wonderful new friend Chelise for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Again, I am truly honored that people read my blog and find something that makes them keep coming back! Chelise has only been blogging for a couple of months now and I truly enjoy reading about her journey of healing from codependency! If you’re not already following her blog, Caterpillar to Butterfly, I encourage you to go check it out! Especially if you don’t already have a “redhead friend”!
Here are my questions from Chelise:
1. Who is the most influential person in your life? I have so many wonderful influential people in my life today but since you are asking for one, I will chose Nola. Without her influence, I would have never ended up on the path I am on today. Nola witnessed to me daily, for almost 10 years, before I found Christ. There were times when I was in a bad place and she would ask me, “What would Jesus do?” and I would just dig my heels in. I was stubborn, argumentative and negative when she would ask me. She never stopped witnessing to me. She lived and breathed Jesus and her light was a beacon to me in my darkest hours. I will be forever grateful for this beautiful woman.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? I would love to live by the ocean! I can’t explain the peace that envelopes me when I sit and listen to the waves crashing on the shoreline.
3. How do you handle mental stressors in your life? Well, if I’m honest, I’d have to say it depends on the healthiness of my walk at the time. When I’m not in a healthy place, I cry, I cuss, I roll them over and over in my head, and I isolate. However, if I’m doing what I need to do and I’m in a healthy place, I try to determine if there is anything I can/should do. If there isn’t, I place it in God’s hands and know that there is a reason and it will all work out the way it is suppose to for His greater purpose. The second option always works out better for me!
4. When you blog, where does your inspiration come from? My life and my daily struggles as a codependent. Codependency, for me, is not a situational occurrence, it is something I struggle with everyday of my life, in every aspect of my life. Yep, that just sucks.
5. What is the biggest thing thus far you have learned in your life? The biggest thing I have learned over the years is that I have value and I am worthy. I learned that I have to believe this for myself, in my head and in my heart.
6. What is one quality that you think is most attractive in someone? Kindness
7. What type of music do you enjoy and name your favorite band? I love all kinds of music. It really just depends on my mood. I don’t have a favorite band today but back in the day it was the Beach Boys and REO Speedwagon. I know, I know…LOL
8. What are you most proud of in your life? I am most proud of my 2 children, my granddaughter and yep, myself.
9. How would you describe yourself? Oh yuck, I hate describing myself but since I said I was proud of myself, here we go. I would describe myself as loyal, kind, funny, supportive, encouraging, fun and all around silly.
10. What is your favorite life quote? I have so many but if I have to pick one, it would be Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Here are my nominations – you can choose a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 11.
Here are my questions for my nominations:
- What makes you laugh the most?
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be and why?
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- When you blog, where does your inspiration come from?
- What is your favorite life quote?